Why I connect with intimate cottage weddings & elopements
When you think of your wedding, every part of it should be meaningful! If you’re looking for a wild and free wedding venue in beautiful Ontario, look no further!
I grew up spending almost every weekend at our family cottage near Georgian Bay, Ontario. My love for the wild outdoors and adventure sprouted from the freedom of growing up on the lake.
I never felt that I fit in with the whole “every girl dreams of their wedding day” because I never envisioned my day as big and luxurious. When I realized that I could get married the way that I wanted, I finally began envisioning what my day would really look like. I wanted to be surrounded by my very closest friends and family and the feeling of nature.
Your day the way you envision it
Do you feel like a location on the water, or a small cottage in the woods connects with how you envision your wedding day? I put together this list of venues from super small and intimate to large cottages and Airbnb’s around the Muskoka and Georgian Bay area.
Small weddings have a more intimate vibe and there is a special feeling in getting married surrounded by your nearest and dearest! There is beauty in the simple things in life and I believe you can have a truly unique and beautiful small wedding.
While browsing these intimate wedding venues, here are a few things to think about!
- How many guests are coming and how much space do you need?
Some Muskoka venues only allow up to 5 or 10 people so keep in mind what size of wedding you intend on having.
2. What are some must haves at your wedding/elopement venue?
Do you want your venue to be off the grid and completely secluded? Do you want it to be right beside the lake? Wish you had access to a dock or canoe? Would you like a beach on the property?
Muskoka Area Cottage & Airbnb wedding Venues
- Away Cottage Co. Small and cozy cabin in the woods, perfect for intimate elopements
- The Wood House Muskoka Beautiful Cabin in the woods, great for small intimate style weddings
- The Birchwood Cottage Co. gorgeous cottage with stunning views of the lake!
- Whispering Springs Unique glamping style for intimate weddings surrounded by beautiful forest
- Back to the Cabin Super adorable A Line Cottage, perfect place for a small elopement
- Touchstone Resort Resort style wedding, great for small weddings that have a few more guests
- Brooklands Farm Have your rustic wedding in the Muskokas at this farm stay venue
- Sherwood Inn A wedding venue that has an intimate cottage feel but you can bring the guests!
There you have it! If you’re like me and love the idea of getting married by the evergreens and lake then you’ll love these venues. You can have a uniquely beautiful intimate wedding surrounded by the best nature has to offer!